INDIANA SENATE BILL 98 WILL...
- Allow Indiana CRNAs to administer anesthesia under the direction of a physician or podiatrist during certain surgical procedures.
- Provide patients who live in rural areas access to anesthesia or emergency care within the time that they need it.
- Decrease patient wait-time for anesthesia services by offering the ability to be helped by a CRNA.
- Provide a better value to patients, facilities and insurance companies.
- Improve facility staffing flexibility.
- Allow Indiana CRNAs to utilize their education and training to provide anesthesia without the immediate presence of a physician but still under the direction of.
- Decrease the state’s reimbursement for Medicaid fee-for-service delivery system for anesthesia services by 10%, saving the state money.
- Support nurse anesthesia care, which is 25% more cost effective than the next least costly anesthesia delivery system.